The children at Huntly West don’t want to go home! And no wonder, with two bright new TigerTurf courts to play on.
The school needed two full-size courts,
with a safe, all-weather surface, which
would revitalise the school centre and
encourage children to play together
outdoors. The new multi-sports courts
would also be used by the community,
encouraging closer interaction with local
Huntly West Primary School had a problem common to many schools
• dull grey concrete
• cracked, uneven surface
• unsafe and uninspiring for playtime activities
• well past brightening anyone’s day
TigerTurf assessed the site and listened to the school’s ideas, contributing suggestions arising from our experience of successful school sports projects
• The TigerTurf team firstly patched the cracked, uneven concrete base to render a level, safe playing surface.
• Then the team laid the fresh green and terracotta TigerTurf Trophy surface, marked in clear white for netball, basketball, and hockey.
• We installed new basketball and netball posts, padding them for safety and personalising them with the school’s name – a popular feature of our installations.
No longer drab and boring, and no more grazed knees and hands, or impact injuries from falling onto concrete – the playground is much more fun.
Now there’s a new problem. The new sports turf is a child magnet at the end of the day. The school now must roster on staff to supervise children after the last bell!