The new TigerTurf playground and multi-court at Matamata Primary School vibrates with colour
and energy: “Thanks, TigerTurf, for transforming our senior school outdoors area,” is typical of the
enthusiastic responses from the school community to this most enjoyable TigerTurf project.
The old asphalt court was worn out by the
passage of time and hundreds of feet and was
ready for an upgrade. The new playground
simmers with adventure and fun, a wonderland
of vivid colours that stimulates imaginative play
and shared games.
Get serious about installing safety in school and pre-school playgrounds with TigerTurf’s shock pads
This is now also a safer playground than previously. The TigerTurf construction team excavated the worn grass surface and rubber tiles beneath the play equipment before building a dynamic crushed-rock base for reliable drainage and long-lasting support.
With the addition of our 45 mm TigerPad beneath the surface, the playground now meets the 2 metre fall-height requirements and the students are protected from injuries caused by falls from climbing equipment up to 2 metres high.
TigerTurf’s Trophy synthetic surface is durable, colourful, and multi-functional with many positives for schools
• This durable, versatile surface is available in several bright, cheerful colours.
• Trophy is one of our technical, high performance multi-sport surfaces designed with the playing qualities required for most ball sports and is one of the most popular surfaces we install for schools, clubs and family multi-courts.
• An all-weather surface that provides good traction when wet or dry, Trophy is a clean, fast-draining turf after rain, so students can soon get back to their sports and recreational games after wet weather.
• Because it is a dressed surface, requiring minimal sand to support the turf structure, sand tends not to be carried indoors on clothing or footwear.
• The students can safely wear their normal footwear on the playground and multisport court, which saves staff the trouble of monitoring shoes and boots throughout the school day.