TigerTurf landscape lawns work miracles for schools, carrying heavy foot traffic, offering firm, dry surfaces during winter rains, fresh green during summer droughts. Buckley Park College chose TigerTurf Summer Envy and is delighted.
School lawns take a thrashing, day after day, winter and summer. Everyone loves a fresh, green lawn, but they are hard work and not durable enough for heavy foot traffic. TigerTurf synthetic landscape lawns give schools attractive, low maintenance lawns for students to use as meeting areas, for recreational activities and as paths to get around the school.
The school sought submissions from synthetic lawn providers to try and resolve the problem. • TigerTurf took time to discuss the school’s needs and explain in detail the advantages the school could gain from installing one of our landscape systems. • We addressed each problem the school was facing and found the best solutions for Buckley. • These have already proved their value in other schools, so it is easy enough for schools with similar problems to compare notes, and we encourage them to do so.
School lawns are high maintenance and rarely practical
Buckley College struggled with maintaining the grassed courtyard that was also a main thoroughfare for students.
• Surrounded by classrooms, shade restricted the growth of the lawn
• Heavy usage wore the grass surface away
• Reseeding was unsuccessful.
• Muddy in winter, dusty in summer – it was all too easy for classrooms to become the worse for wear also.
TigerTurf Summer Envy carries heavy foot traffic through every season
TigerTurf installed our Summer Envy lawn after preparing a base that would keep the surface drained and dry, as well as giving stability for durability and hard wear.
• The installation was carried out during the school holidays to avoid disruption – this was a busy area as students passed from class to class.
• The new soft, green lawn was ready for the students on their return from holiday and the improvement was immediately noticeable.
• Whatever the weather, the surface is free of mud and dust and pleasant to walk on. As a bonus, Summer Envy remains as fresh and green as the day it was installed.
The school no longer has high maintenance problems, nor does it have to reseed the area annually. Instead it has a functional, low maintenance, attractive courtyard that improved the look of the school grounds from the first day.